What’s Working (Keep)? What’s Not (Abandon)?
I mentioned this a few days ago as to what I’ve discovered by documenting the process of learning something new. It’s been powerful to have the chance to watch myself work and reflect on what I see.
- Clear plan for the practice session
- Small goals
- Question all fingerings
- Research and listen to others
- Detail (Outline musical ideas and all fingerings)
- Time limit
What’s Not Working
- Going off schedule
- Repetition without clear intentions
- Moving on before reflecting on what you just did
If you can, go outside.
See you tomorrow.